30 Beavers, 42 Cubs, 29 Scouts and 3 Young Leaders from 1st F&H and 1st Papworth all took part in the Quarries Medieval Camp from 8th-10th June, earning 178 nights away between them. They took part in lots of adventurous activities from caving to climbing and archery to pioneering. The Young Leaders (Matthew, Jack and Aarron) used pioneering poles to build a swing which everyone had great fun playing on! The young people also built dens in the forest, with 8 Scouts trusting their shelters enough to sleep in them overnight! The Saturday night saw everyone take part in a huge campfire, along with 45 Beavers and Cubs from Milton Keynes who were also staying on site, which included singing songs and toasting marshmallows despite the rain.
The camp was made possible thanks to all the leaders, who put in 1200 volunteer-hours between them to make the weekend such a success.
What's more, the closing ceremony included:
- 4 investitures into 1st Papworth
- 4 Chief Scout Silver Awards - including the first ever for 1st Papworth
- Awards for Beaver, Cub and Scout of the camp voted for by the young people...
- Beaver - Sophie (1st F&H) and Eddie (1st Papworth)
- Cub - Alice (1st F&H) and Ekain (1st Papworth)
- Scout - Iris (1st F&H) and Alice (1st Papworth)
- Presentation for the winners of the badge competition...
- Joint winners - Alice and Toby (1st F&H Cubs)
- Runners up - Samuel, Emily, Finlay, Isla and Erin (1st F&H), Gabriel, Max and Roan (1st Papworth)
You can find a more detailed write-up of what happened on each day here: Quarries Camp write up June 2018
Lots of photos from the weekend are below! You can find more photos here: link to photos